Saturday, October 13, 2012

Playin' Cowgirl

Hi there again.  I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.  Our day started out a bit chilly, but has turned into a very nice Fall day.  We've got another challenge for you over at the CMC Copic Challenge.  This time we want to see a Touch of Red.  Color an image any way you like, but it must have some red on it.  Our sponsor, Tiddly Inks, gave us each an image to color and I chose Wryn - Howdy Cowgirl.

 

Isn't she cute in her red cowboy boots and hat?  Ok, so the image is from Tiddly Inks and I printed her out onto Cryogen White Cardstock.  The DP is a pack I just got from MME.  I stitched the bottom panels and used some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges.  I used my Copics to color this image (R39, R27, R24, R22/E11, E00, E000, R20/E37, E35, E31, E50/B97, B95, B93, B91/E59, E57, E53/E43, E40/Y23, Y11/W5, W2, W00/BG10).  The twine, button, and rhinestones are from my stash and then I added a Tim Holtz ticket too.

Now I have to tell you that I have watched a few of Suzanne Dean's videos from her All About Hair Class.  Take a look at this cutie's hair.  I followed Suzanne's instructions and tips and just LOVE how it turned out.  Suzanne covers all kinds of hair in her class. I still have a few videos to go, but I just wanted to share that with you all because I think it makes such a difference in the image.

You have until October 26th to enter the Touch of Red challenge and one randomly chosen winner will get a $20 gift certificate to Tiddly Inks.  But that's not all...all entries go into a monthly drawing for a $50 gift certificate to Oozak.com.  That's right, one entry and two chances to win.  But you can't win if you don't play along.  So grab your Copics, ProMarkers, other alcohol markers, or colored pencils and join in the fun at the CMC Copic Challenge.  We can't wait to see what you create.

Challenges:

PaperPlay Challenges - Simply Cute
Seems a Little Sketchy - Sketch
Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes

Thanks for taking a minute to stop by and have a wonderful weekend!
 

5 comments:

  1. She is so adorable and I love this cute design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shading is just awesome! So realistic. This card is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for playing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card and image! I love how you colored her and her hair is fantastic!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Seems a Little Sketchy challenge! We have a new one that started today, hope to see you there!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wedensdays Challenge

    ReplyDelete